Sunday, May 10, 2015

Live from Holy Cross: Marianela Medrano reading Vahan Tekeyan

Click to hear the audio segment


Marianela Medrano - photo by Khatchik Turabian

"Forgetting" by Vahan Tekeyan

Forgetting. Yes, I will forget it all.
One after the other. The roads I crossed.
The roads I did not. Everything that happened.
And everything that did not.

I am not going to transport anymore,
nor drag the silent past, or that "me"
who was more beautiful and bigger
that I could ever be.

I will shake off the weights
thickening my mind and sight,
and let my heart see the sun as it dies.

Let a new morning's light open my closed eyes.
Death, is that you here? Good Morning.
Or should I say Good Dark?

Translated by Diana Der Hovanessian and Marzbed Margossian

OLVIDANDO

Olvidar. Sí, voy a olvidarlo todo.
Uno tras otro. Los caminos que crucé.
Los que no crucé. Todo lo que pasó.
Y todo lo que no viví.

Ya no voy a transportar más,
ni arrastrar el pasado silencioso, o ese "yo"
que era más bello y más grande
de lo que nunca podré ser.

Voy a sacudir todas las cargas 
que entorpecen mi mente y la vista,
y dejar que mi corazón vea el sol mientras muere.

Y dejar que la luz de una nueva mañana abra mis ojos cerrados.
Muerte, ¿estás aquí? Buenos Días.

¿O debería decir Buena Oscuridad?

Translated from the English by Marianela Medrano

No comments: