Saturday, March 29, 2014

Veronica Pamoukaghlian: Kessab

Don´t show me
the coffins of children
with that deafening 
orchestral scoring

My sadness
doesn´t need a soundtrack

What do you want from me
masters of montage
and emotional chord
strikes

Don´t let me hear
the Armenian tongue
of my school days
from the mouths of children
displaced
bombed
their lives
forever raped

the familiar words
Vah
Tbrodz
A sound,
deadly,
Are you afraid of the bullets? The filmmaker says
But you still go to school
Nods from the two girls

in my tongue
in my words
that I have
forgotten
though they live inside me

Syria
my grandmother´s cradle
before she sailed ´cross
the Atlantic

My flesh and blood
The people with the names
I do not know

The churches
that turned to rubble heaps
The prayer
we used to sing at school
it makes me cry
though I am not religious
and our god
is not mine

The prayer
Lord in Heaven
protect us
bring your kingdom to us

Our Kingdom lost
and April is coming

It will be
a hundred year soon

A hundred years
and nothing has changed

Someone´s grandmother
in Syria
has been born
and her mother
is smuggling her
right now
to save her life
and cross oceans perhaps

so that I
can have
my blissful life

in a quiet place
somewhere

Syria
Syria
Syria of my heart

hurt over the scar
the pillaging
childslaughtering

the ravage
over the Genocide


ՔԷՍԱՊ

Ինձ ցոյց մի՛ տար
դագաղները մանուկներուն
նուագախմբային այդ
խլացնող ձայնագրութեամբ

Տխրութիւնս
պէտք չունի ձայներիզի

Ի՞նչ կþուզէք ինձմէ
նօթագրութեան վարպետներ
եւ զգայնութեանց լարեր
հարուածողներ

Չե՛մ ուզեր լսել
հայերէն լեզուն՝
դպրոցական օրերուս
մանուկներու բերնէն
տեղահանուած
ռմբակոծուած
անոնց կեանքերը
բռնաբարուած

Ծանօթ բառերը
þվախþ
þվարժարանþ
þձայնþ մը մահացու
«Կը վախնա՞ս գնդակներէն,»
կþըսէ շարժանկարիչը
«սակայն կը շարունակես դպրոց երթալ»
կը հաստատեն երկու աղջիկները

Լեզուիս վրայ
բառերուս մէջ
զորս
մոռցած եմ
թէեւ կþապրին խորքիս մէջ

Սուրիա
մեծ մօրս օրօրոցը
նախ քան Ատլանտեանը
անցնիլը

Միսս եւ արիւնս
անձեր որոնց անունները
ես կþանգիտանամ

Եկեղեցիները
որոնք քարակոյտեր են
աղօթքը
զոր կþերգէինք դպրոցին մէջ
կը լացնէ զիս
թէեւ հաւատացեալ չե՛մ
եւ մեր աստուածը
ի՛մս չէ՛

Աղօ՛թքը
þՏէ՛ր յերկինս
պաշտպանեա՛ մեզþ
բեþր մեզի թագաւորութիւնդ

Մեր կորուսեա՛լ թագաւորութիւնը
եւ ապրիլը կը հասնի

Ու շուտո՛վ
պիտի ըլլայ հարիւ՛ր տարի

Հարիւր տարի՝
եւ ոչի՛նչ է փոխուած

Մէկու մը մեծ մայրը
Սուրիոյ մէջ
ծնած
եւ ի՛ր մայրը
հիմա
կը փախցնէ
կեանքը փրկելու համար
եւ թերեւս ովկեանոսն անցնէ

Որպէսզի ես
ունենամ
հանգիստ իմ կեանքը

Խաղաղ տեղ մը
ո՛րեւէ տեղ

Սուրիա՛
Սուրիա՛
Սուրիաս սրտակէ՛զ

Վիրաւոր՝ սպիներովը
թալանի
մանկասպանութեան

Փլուզումը՝
Ցեղասպանութեան վրայ


........................ Վէրոնիքա Փամուքաղլեան
Թարգմանեց՝ Թաթուլ Սոնենց


featured image: Kessab childhood by Lalai Manjikian



No comments: