Thursday, April 30, 2009

David Norian: Device

There must be a million people out there
more than that.
So make it worthwhile.
Use it well.

I had that machine “device”
for the same reason as you.
Same as everybody.
But I’m not in that business anymore
no way.

Yes it’s all there and more, I’m repeating.
It’s just a little more.
It takes a little more than what I had.

And I’m repeating.

I had energy.
Everybody doin’ it with that energy.




David Norian is a writer based in the New York area. He graduated from the University of California, where he studied with Thom Gunn and Gary Soto, and later under Agha Shahid Ali. Of his poems, Gunn said "[Norian] deals with the succinct, the observation that stops early, perhaps even at times with the unsaid. His work is all his own invention.”

No comments: